1. Introduction to The Dewey Schools
The Dewey Schools, named after the American philosopher and educator John Dewey (1859 – 1952), exemplify inquiry-learning, creativity and impacts. Our purpose is to empower and enable generations with necessary knowledge and skills to master world changes and be leaders that positively impact communities wherever they are.
THE DEWEY SCHOOLS – The pioneering International Bilingual Schools, delivering world-class education that parents look for, students love, and staff are proud of.
The Dewey educational philosophy is to facilitate the development of students through self-study, self-education, to create individuals with a vibrant spirit, the capability of self-learning, independence and responsibility.
The Dewey students embrace the four core values:
- INTEGRITY – Commit to what they say, promise and do with honesty and responsibility.
- PASSION – Enthusiastically develop their areas of interest, inspiring and motivating everyone around.
- GENEROSITY – Live with kindness and empathy while respecting diversity and positively contributing to family and society.
- LIFELONG LEARNING – Demonstrate a love of learning and actively pursue knowledge that positively impacts their personal development and your community.
2. Why parents should choose the Advanced program at The Dewey Schools
- The Dewey Schools system is an official member of the Council of International Schools (CIS), the world’s leading prestigious international educational accreditation organization. CIS accreditation is considered the standard for educational institutions around the world.
- The methodologies of ‘Learning by doing’, ‘Project-based learning’, ‘Inquiry-based learning’ and ‘Design thinking’ help students master 5 fundamental skills of the 21st century: Communication, Collaboration, Creativity, Critical thinking and Self-study capability.
- The Advanced Program is based on MOET standards and inherited from the Bilingual program which is integrated with the curriculum in our partner school Mount Vernon, one of the Top 10 most innovative schools in the United States. English teaching program with 12 English periods/week, taught by both foreign and Vietnamese teachers (with a ratio of 50-50).
- The Vietnamese medium subjects are designed by TDS Educational Research & Pedagogy Council with the ‘student-centered’ perspective, offering a task system for teachers to organize for students, through which students create and apply knowledge by themselves.
- The assessment system at TDS regularly and periodically evaluates the student progress. The WIDA test is used to measure students’ English language proficiency on the 4 skills of Speaking, Listening, Reading and Writing.
- The teachers are qualified for the international competency framework standards, are well trained and evaluated by ERPC, the Educational Research and Pedagogy Council, have specialized pedagogical skills, comprehensive knowledge, ethical character and good responsiveness to the multicultural international working environment.
- The school facilities are modern, inspiring, and student-centered, ensuring safety, connectivity, community, accessibility and innovation.
- The extracurricular program at The Dewey Schools provides rich contexts for students to enjoy and advance in their interests and passions. The extracurricular activities stimulate the comprehensive development of student intellect, skills and personality.
3. Admission Information
The Dewey Schools Advanced Program Admissions – School year 2021-2022
Campus: The Dewey Schools Cau Giay – 89 Khuc Thua Du
Educational Level / Grade: Elementary school (Grades 1-5)
Phase 1 application: From December 15, 2020 to January 31, 2021.
Step 1: Registration
Step 2: The school entrance assessment
Step 3: Completion of documentation
Step 4: Official admission
For further information about scholarships and tuition fees, please call our hotline: 024.7302.7999 or REGISTER HERE.