The Dewey Schools offer 4 diverse academic programs, namely: the Advanced program, the Bilingual program, the International Adventure program and the International Journey program. Below are the distinctions in the Advanced program of The Dewey Schools which explain why this should be a choice for your children
- The Advanced Program is based on MOET standards and inherited from the Bilingual program which is integrated with the curriculum in our partner school Mount Vernon, one of the Top 10 most innovative schools in the United States.
2. English teaching program with 12 English periods/week, taught by both foreign and Vietnamese teachers (with a ratio of 50-50).
3. The methodologies of ‘Learning by doing’, ‘Project-based learning’, ‘Inquiry-based learning’ and ‘Design thinking’ help students master 5 fundamental skills of the 21st century: Communication, Collaboration, Creativity, Critical thinking and Self-study capability.
4. The Vietnamese medium subjects are designed by TDS Educational Research & Pedagogy Council with the ‘student-centered’ perspective, offering a task system for teachers to organize for students, through which students create and apply knowledge by themselves.
5. The assessment system at TDS regularly and periodically evaluates the student progress. The WIDA test is used to measure students’ English language proficiency on the 4 skills of Speaking, Listening, Reading and Writing.
6. The teachers are qualified for the international competency framework standards, are well trained and evaluated by ERPC, the Educational Research and Pedagogy Council, have specialized pedagogical skills, comprehensive knowledge, ethical character and good responsiveness to the multicultural international working environment.
7. The school facilities are modern, inspiring, and student-centered, ensuring safety, connectivity, community, accessibility and innovation.
8. The extracurricular program at The Dewey Schools provides rich contexts for students to enjoy and advance in their interests and passions. The extracurricular activities stimulate the comprehensive development of student intellect, skills and personality.