Mount Vernon (MVS) ranks in the top 10 most innovative schools in the US, with students from more than 60 areas of Atlanta city and all over the world. Excellence, creativity and design thinking are what bring reputation to Mount Vernon.
The ‘design thinking’ method of the Mount Vernon school aligns with the human-focused school design of The Dewey Schools that emphasizes empathy, pattern and responsiveness.
Simultaneously, our integrated academic programs with the partner school will enhance the students’ bilingual ability and open them up to learning opportunities and cultural experiences in the US when attending the International Adventure and the International Journey programs at The Dewey Schools. All of these will support students to achieve the following academic outcomes:
- Graduates have the knowledge and competencies to qualify for enrollment and success in national and international colleges and universities.
- Graduates are bilingual, with the capability to effectively communicate in Vietnamese and English with mastery and fluency.
- Graduates have life-long learning and self-educating capacity to confidently use knowledge, skills, technology to discover reasonable solutions to challenges, utilizing creativity and critical thinking.
- Graduates have the cultural and emotional intelligence, and the necessary skills to work successfully in teams and to hold responsibilities to themselves, their families, and society; are capable of integrating harmoniously with the modern world.
- Graduates who are individuals with integrity, passion, generosity, life-long learning in their lifestyle and behavior.
The partnership between The Dewey Schools and the Mount Vernon School will bring about innovative, creative, students-centered academic programs which meet various learning goals and experiences of each individual.