The Advanced Placement (AP) Program was developed by the College Board to help high school students prepare to pursue tertiary studies by taking university-level courses.
In 2022, The Dewey Schools was authorized by the College Board to provide AP courses for students. “
The AP program includes college-level courses which high schools can choose to offer their students. The coursework culminates in rigorous examinations held once per year.
“Benefits for students joining AP courses and taking AP exams:
– Help students stand out in the college admissions process by demonstrating to admission officers that they have sought the most rigorous curriculum available to them. Success in AP exams indicates to admissions staff that a student is ready for university-level studies.
– Enable students to earn college credit and/ or skip introductory college courses
The majority of 4-year colleges and universities in the US as well as many organizations in over other 100 countries offer college credits or allow students with qualifying AP Exam scores skips courses (or both).”
“AP has about 38 courses including 7 core subjects:
1. AP Capstone Diploma Program
4. History & Social Sciences
5. Math & Computer Science
7. World Languages & Culture
Each AP course is modeled after a comparable introductory college course in a subject.