Starting from November 24th, 2020, The Dewey Schools have officially embarked on our journey to realize the mission to bring about a world-class education for the young generations in Vietnam.
Accordingly, to give the students, staff, and teachers the opportunities to get truly creative and create a “soul” and a new look for the Dewey brand, the Principal Advisory Board would like to launch a “Mascot Design contest”.
The new mascot will be an integral part of the Dewey brand and contribute to the creation of a strong impression and marketing images of The Dewey Schools for the public. At the same time, it will clearly exhibit the four core values of the school, which are Life-long learning, Passion, Generosity, and Integrity.
Details of the competition are as follows:
- To find the best mascot to represent the brand of The Dewey Schools;
- To strengthen the bond among the members of Dewey big family.
- 1 First prize includes a trophy, a certificate from the Organizers, and an award worth VND 3,000,000;
- 3 Honourable mentions, each includes a certificate from the Organizers and an award worth VND 500,000.
- All students in The Dewey Schools;
- All staff and teachers in the Dewey system.
4. Application requirements:
- The mascot is a personified animal or object that will represent the school in the spirit stated in this competition;
- The mascot shall have the brand colors of blue and orange;
- The design needs to be creative and novel. It mustn’t have appeared in the media nor be appropriated from any sources. Furthermore, the mascot design should match with the Vietnamese customs and our educational environment;
- The design needs to include a 2D/3D concept sketch.
- Starting time: from 17:00, December 7th, 2020;
- Closing time: until 17:00, December 22nd, 2020;
- Result announcement date: February 17th, 2020 (Expected).
- Contestants can apply as individuals or members of groups such as a class or a department in the system;
- There is no limit to the number of applications each individual/group can submit. However, each individual/group can only receive a maximum of 1 prize.
- The designs can be hand-drawings or digital-drawings.
7. Submission methods:
- Option 1: Submit applications online by sending emails to [email protected]. The title of the emails must include “Dewey’s mascot competition – [Full name] – [Class/Department]”
- Option 2: Submit hard copy applications:
Students design their mascot ideas on the application forms provided by the Homeroom teachers and submit the design to the application box near the glass canopy area in front of Building B. Staff and teachers can contact Operation Department or come to room D105 to take the application forms.
8. Other regulations:
- Valid applications are those meeting the submission deadline. Applicants must not post the designs on the media before the results are announced by the Organizers;
- Award-winning designs will be placed in the permanent exclusive ownership of The Dewey Schools. The school shall retain all the rights to amend and/or alter the original designs;
- By submitting the applications, applicants thereby agree to transfer the ownership of the designs to The Dewey Schools;
- The final decisions are made by the Organizers.
9. Contact information:
For further information regarding the competition, please contact Ms. Hoàng Thúy Nga ([email protected]) in Operation Office D105 or send a message to the school via Edufit SSM.
Here are all the details of the competition. The Organizers look forward to receiving the ideas and applications that carry the creativity and enthusiasm of all students, teachers, and staff in the upcoming time.